This company is not yet accredited. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
Welcome to Weight Loss That Works. For over 40 years, we’ve helped millions of people lose weight and find the lighter side of life. With easy-to-follow plans featuring balanced food shipped straight to you, plus the support you need to succeed on your own terms, Nutrisystem provides real weight loss results you can count on.
Discover what America’s #1 Home Delivery Weight Loss Program can do for you—a happier, healthier you is just a call or click away.
Nutrisystem delivers healthy meals with a detailed guide and diet plan to your door. Monthly plans don’t offer in-person support, but they do help dieters learn about balanced, portion-controlled eating habits.
- Meals shipped to your door
- Vegetarian and diabetic options
- No in-person support
I have been using Nutrisystem for almost a year and I am very pleased with the food and the results. My food always arrives fast and tastes amazing… Nutrisystem is flexible and offers me the convenience I need.Read full review
Just want to say thanks. I've sent several emails to counseling support in the few days that I've been on the plan and they are so helpful and encouraging... I like the emails as this way I can save for reference. Thanks Nutrisystem!Read full review
What is Nutrisystem?
Nutrisystem is a weight loss and nutrition company for people who want to manage their weight, eat healthily and create new diet habits. Nutrisystem offers monthly meal plans and à la carte items, and it sells products on the company's website and through authorized retailers and distributors.
Nutrisystem offers four primary plans — Basic, Core, Uniquely Yours and Uniquely Yours Plus — and has vegetarian and diabetic options available. Uniquely Yours and Uniquely Yours Plus plans include unlimited frozen meals and snacks, and flex meals allow customers the opportunity to cook balanced meals at home or eat at restaurants. Customers have the option of getting handpicked meals with the Chef’s Choice menu or individually picking their meals at sign-up. Nutrisystem sells plans directly on its website.
How does Nutrisystem work?
Nutrisystem dieters eat every two to three hours, up to six times per day. A printed meal plan is included in the first shipment to make it easy for dieters to follow their Nutrisystem plan from the start. Depending on the plan, meal and snack items include options such as buttermilk waffles, mac and cheese, grilled chicken sandwiches and chocolate-covered pretzels.
Meal deliveries are made every four to 10 days. Frozen meals are shipped in frozen storage trucks and packed in dry ice that keeps them frozen for up to eight hours after delivery. One of the benefits of Nutrisystem is free order tracking, which makes it easy to manage and adjust your meals.
Nutrisystem Basic, Core, Uniquely Yours, Uniquely Yours Plus and Vegetarian plans can be customized for male or female dieters, and the company has diabetic options. Nutrisystem’s website lists a comprehensive nutritional breakdown of all menu items on each plan.
- Nutrisystem Basic
- Choose your meals or go with the Chef’s Choice, a preset menu of popular foods. A typical eating schedule on Nutrisystem includes three meals and three snacks per day and includes menu items like three-cheese chicken with steamed broccoli, apple cinnamon oatmeal and white cheddar popcorn. A four-week Basic plan with auto-delivery costs $294.99. Customers can add shakes for an additional $79.98.
- Basic Diabetes: Nutrisystem created its Basic Diabetes plan to help customers manage their glucose levels while losing weight. The Basic Diabetes plan includes menu items such as blueberry muffins, chicken noodle soup and white chocolate chunk cookies.
- Nutrisystem Core
- Nutrisystem Core comes with more variety and food options than the Basic plan. The first week comes with specially selected meals to jump-start weight loss and ease dieters into the plan. The Core plan also includes unlimited online support from counselors and dietitians. A four-week Core plan with auto-delivery costs $319.99, and probiotic shakes can be added for an additional fee.
- Core Diabetes: The Core Diabetes plan offers Chef’s Choice Pack and unlimited customer support. With portion control, customers can enjoy whole-grain crackers and cheese, cheese tortellini and Santa Fe-style chicken on Nutrisystem’s Core Diabetes plan.
- Nutrisystem Uniquely Yours
- Uniquely Yours is similar to the Core and Basic plans but comes with even more menu options. A typical Nutrisystem Uniquely Yours day might include a cranberry orange muffin, mixed nuts and a cup of coffee for breakfast, a hamburger and side salad for lunch, roasted turkey and green beans for dinner and snacks throughout the day. Not including shakes, four weeks of auto-delivery costs $359.99.
- Uniquely Yours Diabetes: With even more menu options created for those with Type 2 diabetes, dieters can manage their blood glucose levels and eat healthy, balanced meals and snacks. On the Uniquely Yours Diabetes, customers have the bonus of receiving unlimited frozen meals and snacks. Favorite menu items include apple slices dipped in peanut butter, ice cream sandwiches and broccoli and cheese melt with sliced vegetables.
- Nutrisystem Uniquely Yours Plus
- The Uniquely Yours Plus plan includes everything in the three previous plans and adds even more variety and high-protein shakes. On a typical day, you might have waffles and scrambled eggs with coffee for breakfast, a grilled chicken sandwich and a salad for lunch and a pizza with salad for dinner. Probiotic shakes, cheese puffs, popcorn and mixed nuts make for great snacks throughout the day, and you can even have a chocolate brownie sundae for an evening snack. At $399.99 per month with auto-delivery, it’s one of Nutrisystems best plans for those who crave variety.
- Nutrisystem Vegetarian
- Nutrisystem's vegetarian plan makes it easy for customers on plant-based diets to enjoy balanced and nutritional meals. Menu items include home-style pancakes and stuffed shells with sautéed spinach plus a variety of sweet and savory snacks. Four-week vegetarian plans with auto-delivery start at $359.99.
Compare Nutrisystem cost
|Basic||Core||Uniquely Yours||Uniquely Yours Plus|
|Cost per day||$10.54||$11.43||$12.86||$14.29|
|High-protein shakes included|
|Uniquely Yours Plus||$14.29|
- How much weight can I lose on Nutrisystem?
- Nutrisystem results vary, but you can lose up to 13 to 15 pounds in the first month and one to two pounds per week after.
- Can you drink alcohol on Nutrisystem?
- Yes. Nutrisystem dieters can enjoy alcohol in moderation — stick to drier wines and light beer. Customers should avoid mixed cocktails and alcoholic beverages high in sugar or fat.
- Do you have to exercise on Nutrisystem?
- Yes. Nutrisystem is designed to help dieters create healthy lifestyle habits and encourages 150 minutes of moderately intense physical activity each week. Nutrisystem offers the My Daily 3 plan as part of the company’s eating schedule to help customers get 30 minutes of exercise every day.
- Are Nutrisystem meals frozen?
- Sometimes. Nutrisystem uses a soft canning process to keep meals fresh and ready to eat without freezing. Only Uniquely Yours and Uniquely Yours Plus plans have frozen menu items.
- Does Nutrisystem food have preservatives?
- Most Nutrisystem meals don’t have preservatives, though some include BHT, potassium sorbate, calcium propionate and sodium benzoate. More than 120 Nutrisystem foods don’t contain preservatives.
- Can Nutrisystem plans be gluten-free?
- No, Nutrisystem does not currently offer a gluten-free plan.
- Does Nutrisystem have a vegetarian plan?
- Yes, Nutrisystem has a vegetarian plan.
- Does Nutrisystem offer diabetic options?
- Yes, Nutrisystem offers diabetic options.
- Does Nutrisystem use artificial sweeteners?
- Yes, some Nutrisystem foods contain artificial sweeteners, most commonly sucralose. Some offered meals also include sugar alcohols such as maltitol, sorbitol and isomalt.
- Does Nutrisystem food have a lot of sodium?
- Not a lot. Most Nutrisystem plans are below the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s recommended daily sodium intake of 2,300 milligrams or less.
- What is the cost of Nutrisystem for one month?
- The cost of Nutrisystem for one month ranges from $294.99 to $399.99 with auto-delivery.
- What is Nutrisystem’s return policy?
- Regular subscribers can request a return or refund within 30 days of their delivery. After 30 days, Nutrisystem provides a refund for unopened, non-frozen Nutrisystem foods. Customers can also request a full refund within 14 days of their first order, not including à la carte and weekly orders.
Does Nutrisystem work?
Nutrisystem’s plans work for dieters who want to lose weight through healthy eating and exercise. You can choose from multiple plan options — Core and Basic plans are good for starting out, while the Uniquely Yours plans give dieters more variety and flexibility. All Nutrisystem plans deliver ready-to-go meals straight to your door to help manage short-term and long-term weight loss.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
To be completely honest I was very disappointed with the first weeks loss. It was only 1.2lbs but after 25 days I have lost over 8.5 lbs. I feel that this is the perfect rate of weight loss. I have tried many programs before: Weight Watchers, HCG, Beverly Hills Diet and Eating only once a day. This program is by far the easiest and most realistic one to follow. My only complaint is the repetitiveness of my food choices. I live in Canada and as a result my options are much more limited. I can't have any of the frozen foods and some of them look so delicious.
Thank you for reaching out with your review. We are so happy to hear how much success you are having on the plan so far! We appreciate your feedback on the food choices for our Canadians clients and will be sure to pass on your concerns.
Please keep us posted on your continued success! Hope you have a happy and healthy new year.
The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team
I have been a customer for several years. I have always found the quality of the meals to be excellent. Apart from the fact that I have indeed lost and maintained an impressive amount of weight, I think that there are several other aspects to the Nutrisystem Plan that deserve to be mentioned. The Plan has taught me about portion control, how to balance the type of nutrition that is healthy and will allow you to lose weight, and maintain your loss. I learned about the different types of carbohydrates and the importance of including the correct amount of protein to keep your meals balanced and healthy. The amount of food allowed is more than adequate; I never felt hungry or deprived of any food that I enjoyed. I never thought of Nutrisystem as a "diet," but rather as the path to a new lifetime way of eating to remain healthy.
I believe that the knowledge I take with me as I transition back to preparing my own meals, will keep me on the healthy eating track I have learned and have chosen to follow since experiencing the Nutrisystem Plan. I do, without hesitation, highly recommend Nutrisystem to anyone who has tried and failed "every type of diet out there." My best regards to Nutrisystem and to all of their future Plan participants. :)
Thank you so much for reaching out with your review. We are so happy to hear how well you did on the plan and how much you have learned along the way. We think you are going to do great with your maintenance. However, if you have any questions or need some guidance, please do not hesitate to reach out to our counselors at 1-800-585-5483 press option two.
Hope you have a wonderful day.
The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
Information provided was limited and not very helpful. Emailed me the information guide that was missing from my package and didn’t feel like addressing some of my concerns. Having never dieted before I would have preferred some information in my conversation instead of downloading a large number of pages off my printer because it was missing from my order. So far this is the first person that was not very helpful.
I am a member of the Consumer Experience Team. Thank you for writing your review about your experience. I understand why you would feel fristrated and look forward to helping.
I will be looking into your account and reaching out with more details on your concerns.
I hope you have a great day, Bonnie!
-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team
I am currently subscribed to the Uniquely Yours Nutrisystem (NS) plan. This is my second "real" experience with NS as I used their old 28 day Flex plan about 10 years ago and lost 64 pounds in about 8 months. Unfortunately, I slipped back into my old bad habits and since no other diet (Keto, Atkins, low-cal) worked for me, I came back to NS. The food has greatly improved over the last 10 years! I am absolutely loving everything about NS this time around. The NuMi app makes it so easy to track everything no matter where I am and it syncs with my Fitbit tracker so I don't even have to bother with inputting my activity.
On another note, I'm not sure why people are having issues with the ordering system on the website because it's really easy to use and I have never had a problem with it (even back in the old days). It wouldn't let me remove the shakes (functionality is not available), so I called and the rep removed them immediately. The shakes are delicious but the two cans are impossible to get through in one month even though I drink one a day for my morning snack so I have plenty saved up. As I said before, the food is great! There are quite a few old foods that I already knew I didn't like so I make sure not to select those, but the majority of the food is really tasty.
I am amazed by the updated frozen pizzas too. They used to greatly lack in toppings and now they're piled on. The "melts" which I like to refer to as "Nutri-pockets" are so so good and super easy. I could go on and on... I've been back with it for exactly two months and have lost 20 pounds. I'm extremely happy with Nutrisystem and would recommend it to anyone.
Welcome back to the program! Thank you for reaching out with your review. We are so happy to hear how much you are enjoying the program. We appreciate you taking the time to let us how about your success and how easy you are finding the new plan.
Please keep us posted on your continued success. Hope you have a great day and congrats on your weight loss.
-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team
I lost 60 pounds on NutriSystem! I want to share my success story in having lost the weight I needed to lose. I went on the plan, followed it, added exercise to my daily routine and lost the weight. I have been off of the plan for two months and have kept the weight off. I believe I have learned to eat the right amount of portions as well as the right kinds of foods. I have found great support from the NutriSystem customer representatives and found encouragement as they cheered me on. Thank you for helping to jump start my weight loss. I feel like a new person.
I weighed 260lbs on March 11th. (first picture). I lost 20lbs in the first month and weighed 240lbs on April 11th. (double picture). I weighed in at 220lbs on May 11th (Third picture). I weighed in at 198lbs on July 11th (Fourth picture). My weight loss goal was to get to 200lbs. I think the discipline was the hardest part of the plan. And, once you realize that you aren't as much hungry as you are used to eating at set times each day you figure it out.
Thank you so much for reaching out with your story. We are so happy to hear how well you did on the program. Congrats on your weight loss and continued maintenance!
Here is a link to the online Success Stories section of the website. We would love to hear more about your journey and see some before/after pictures. Keep up the good work! https://www.nutrisystem.comhttps://www.consumeraffairs.com/jsps_hmr/success_stories/index.jsp?weightLoss=20
Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.
-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team
- 2,316,281 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
I received 20 days worth of food, 10 days ago. I couldn’t identify the first week, then I realized that it must have been shipped separately. I have tried chatting, texting, emailing and phoning....nothing works. I should not have been charged for food that has not been shipped.
Thank you for writing us. We want to help you with your shipping conerns. To better assist you, please email us at email@example.com and include your name and phone number in your email so we can find your account. Also please include a brief description of your issue as you have described here. We look forward to hearing from you and helping you with the plan.
~ Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team
I sent an email with questions and the response from Bernadette ** told me to call the Customer Service number, which I did with the following result: I was unable to use any option in the phone queue to reach a live representative – even following your instructions of selecting Option1 then Option 5. Same loop stating that I can call Customer Service for help, which is, of course what I was doing. What do you suggest now?
Thank you for writing us. We want to help you with your questions about the program. To better assist you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name and phone number in your email so we can find your account. Also please include a brief description of your issue as you have described here. We look forward to hearing from you and helping you with the plan.
~ Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team
Within 24 hours of receiving the two packages (frozen and non-frozen), it became clear to me that this would be NO DIFFERENT than any of the low-calorie diets that I had failed at (or, rather had failed me) over the past 35 years. None of that was clear from ANY of the TV advertising, which reduces it all to inaccurate simplicity: "You eat the food, you lose the weight." Well, no. It isn't quite that easy.
In any case, I contacted Customer Support the next day to cancel further shipments, and I was told that because I had signed up for a "special discount," I would HAVE to accept delivery of the second month's shipment or be liable for repaying the discount, which was $125.00. I had not eaten more than one day's worth of food from the special seven-day start up package. I had not touched any of the rest of the non-frozen or frozen food (which is safely frozen in my freezer). I would LOVE to return the unused portion (about 29/30th's) of the food, but I know they will not accept it. I plan to donate it to the local food bank, but I will not be accepting a second-month shipment. Why should I do that, when I know I'm not going to eat it anyway, but only donate it to the local food bank?
Whether the diet is effective for some people or not is not the issue. Right now they have a completely dissatisfied customer whom they are not inclined to provide satisfaction to. The only reason a company would try to extort an ADDITIONAL $125 from a customer after finding out the customer was unsatisfied with its product is because they KNOW they'd have a flood of dissatisfied customers quitting.
The food itself is worth nowhere near the $399.89 they charged me. Trying to force me to take more means they have an inventory they can't get rid of and need to clear out shelf space. Where Nutrisystem is concerned, CAVEAT EMPTOR.... let the buyer beware! I wish I had. Just searching for a simple "satisfaction guaranteed" provision would have been a favorable sign. Clearly, they don't care about it, though.
Thank you for your review. We are so sorry to hear about your disappointment with our program. We want to help you with this. To better assist you, please email us at email@example.com and include your name and phone number in your email so we can find your account. Also please include a brief description of your issue as you have described here. We look forward to hearing from you and helping you with the plan.
~ Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team
The food's nothing like you show on TV. Frozen food is nasty, and gross tasting, I'd like to see Marie Osmond eat it. All the food is loaded with carbs. It kept me from going to the grocery during Coronavirus shut down.
Thank you for reaching out to us with your review. We appreciate your feedback. So we can better assist you with this concern and going over the benefits of consumimng low glycemic carbs please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and phone number so that we can locate your account to help you. We thank you for your review and your feedback. -The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience team
I know that during my first month I received the starter kit and however many meals. That month is over. I received my second month's shipment and discovered I only get 20 days of meals. I submitted the question, to confirm I received the correct amount, and received an answer that I did. So I am paying what I am paying for 2/3 of the month. For 66% of the month. That is completely insane and unacceptable. I was ok with 3/4 weeks; 75% of the month. I cannot settle for 2/3 of the month. As much as I hate to, because the program works for me, I will be calling to cancel my future shipments.
Thank you for reaching out to us with your review. We appreciate your feedback. So we can better assist you with this concern please email us at email@example.com. Please include your name and phone number so that we can locate your account to further help you with the price of the plan and what is included in the monthly price. We thank you for your review and your feedback. -The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience team
Nutrisystem Company Information
- Company Name:
- (866) 913-8688